Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Books I think should be read by everyone who Loves to read


Books, Books, Books

I am a lover of all books and feel that everyone should at least try to read, at the least, a book a year. My husband does not like to read so he does not understand my passion for reading. I can sit for hours, if you'd let me, and read. I love that I can sit in my living room and travel to another world completely, free of all worldly, personal or silly little problems.  I like that I somehow feel just a little smarter after I finish a book.  Silly, I know. But, hey, I'm a stay at home mom of a five year old daughter, Norah, and feel that since I have decided to stay home with her, I have gotten dumber each day. Don't take me the wrong way when I say that. I wouldn't trade my "job" for anything.  Hey, it gives me even more time to read.  So, if you share my passion and would like some recommendations, here ya go!! 

These are not in any type of order. And please comment and share some of your favorites because I'm always up for a book rec and I promise, I will read it!! So...here we go!! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! 

First, any books by Leo Tolstoy, Charles Dickens, John Steinbeck, Toni Morrison, Ernest Hemmingway, Flannery O'Connor, Nicholas Sparks, Sidney Sheldon, Catherine Coulter, Nora Roberts, John Grisham or Greg Isles are a go! I discovered Isles last year and read everything I could get my hands on. Great mystery writer. The authors above, I have read most everything by them so didn't want to list them all. 


Stupid and Contagious by Caprice Crane
The Paris Wife by Paula Mc Lain
A Winter's Night by Valerio Massimo Manfredi
Remembrance of Things I Forgot by Bob Smith
The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera 
Black Boy by Richard Wright 
The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffengger
Forbidden Places Penny Vincenzi 
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest Gaines
The Pilots Wife
Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen
Lilly Beach by Jennie Fields
Crossing Brooklyn Ferry by Jennie Fields 
Folly Beach by Dorthea Benton Frank
Porch Lights by Doethea Benton Frank 
Happy Family by Wendy Lee

Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian
Trail of Crumbs by Kim Sunee
I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb 
The Curious Case of the Dog in the Nighhttime by Mark Haddon 
A Seperate Peace by John Knowles 
Nadia's Song by Soheir Khashoggi
Mosaic by Soheir Khashoggi 
A Good and Happy Child by Justin Evans 
Saints at the River by Ron Rash 
The Last Nightingale by Anthony Flacco
Boulevard by Bill Guttentag 
Aleph by Paulo Coelho
The Last Letters from your Lover by JoJo Moyes
Songs in Ordinary Time by Mary McGarry Morris
Jesse's Ghost by Frank Bergon
All Over but the Shoutin' by Rick Bragg 
The Immortalists by Kyle Mills 
Friends Like Us by Lauren Fox 
Daughters of the Revolution by Carolyn Cooke
The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes 
The Cotton Queen by Pamela Morsi
Lying Awake by Mark Salzman
No Angel by Penny Vincenzi
Sheer Abandon by Penny Vincenzi 
House of Daughters by Sarah-Kate Lynch
Falling Leaves by Adeline Yen Mah
The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt
The Syndrome by John Case 
Eleven Kinds of Lonliness byRichard Yates
The Easter Parade by Richard Yates
The Problem with Murmur Lee by Connie May Fowler


1 comment:

  1. I just finished Stories by Jhumpa Lahiri called interpreter of maladies. It's a wonderful, easy read, ESP if you like short stories. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete